A novel approach to compression
Compression is necessary for the management of swelling, edema and lymphedema often associated with lower extremity wounds.
EdemaWear is a novel approach that delivers compression under a series of longitudinal ridges running parallel to the limb. In contrast to conventional circumferential compression wraps. Longitudinal compression cannot cause a tourniquet effect that could interfere with limb circulation and lymphatic drainage.
EdemaWear delivers optimal pressure under the parallel ridges while leaving four-fifths of the skin surface free. This provides optimal delivery of arterial blood and the efficient return of lymph and venous blood to the circulatory system. Constructed from durable Nylon and Lycra™, EdemaWear is easy to clean and is reusable. Its low profile and open construction ensure that it is cool and comfortable in use while allowing patients to use their existing footwear during treatment.
Unlike conventional wraps and stockings patients and caregivers alike find EdemaWear is easy to put on and easy to remove. It can be the first option for compression or as an alternative to compression modalities that patients refuse to use.
- Edema from venous hypertension
- Post-op edema
- Venous leg ulcers
- Skin tears
- Wherever safer, more comfortable and acceptable compression is required.
Choosing the correct stockinet size is the most critical factor in determining the effectiveness and comfort of EdemaWear.
EdemaWear elastic compression
EdemaWear tubular elastic compression device provides longitudinally focused compression to encourage free lymphatic and venous return for the reduction of edema. EdemaWear is easy to apply and its comfortable open construction allows for air and moisture circulation for maximum comfort.
- It is washable, reusable and may be cut to fit
- EdemaWear is not made with natural rubber latex
- Cool, conformable and comfortable
- May be used alone or in combination with bandages
- A practical alternative to compression stockings and wraps
- Non-irritating nylon and Lycra™ construction
Download EdemaWear brochure
Directions for Use
- Roll the EdemaWear stockinet up in your hands like you would a stocking before putting it on
- Remove daily and reapply
- To prevent EdemaWear stockinet from rolling down or up on the limb, turn over the top of EdemaWear making a 7.5 cm (3”) cuff, or turn EdemaWear inside out
- Wear socks on top of EdemaWear
- EdemaWear should be in direct contact with the intact skin
- Cut to needed length, EdemaWear will not unravel
- Wash EdemaWear in cold water
- Do not use bleach
- Hang dry
- Do not put in the dryer
Lycra is a registered trademark of Invista.